CSBA winter meeting, Nov.14, 2020
- 9:00-9:15 a.m. President’s welcome
- 9:20-10:05 North Carolina State entomologist and professor Dr. David Tarpy. “Coming out of winter” Dave explains the biology of overwintered bees and how to be supportive of them in this critical season. Take notes, because spring will soon be upon us!
- 10:10-10:55 Becky Tipton, Country Creek Honey, Meriden, Kansas “Making skin care products with beeswax and honey, Becky shows us how to make soap, lotions, and salves.
- 11:00-11:15 Master beekeeper update. CSBA vice-president Tina Sebestyen, brings us abreast of developments in her groundbreaking beekeeper training program.
- 11:20-12:00 General meeting and election of officers. We have retiring board members, including the president and vice-president.
- 12:00-1:00 Lunch break
- 1:00-1:15 Swarm hotline update. CSBA advisor Joe Komperda explains how the hotline works to provide swarms to members of regional clubs, while simultaneously rendering an important public service.
- 1:20-2:05 Dave Tarpy. “Honey bees, mythology, religion, warfare, and politics” An historical perspective on humanity’s relationship with bees.
- 2:15-3:15 Ask the Experts! Dave Tarpy, Dewey Caron, and Jim Tew. Take advantage of this wealth of experience to get your quandaries solved.
* Please input your email address where you will be viewing the winter meeting from via zoom.