CSBA Winter Meeting
November 11, 2023
- A stellar lineup of speakers, including Dr. Katie Lee & our new Sustainability Program Lead, Patricia Donahue (see Agenda below)!
- Bonus: Catching up with old friends and making new ones!
- Pre-registering online (below) will help us plan for enough food for everyone – lunch and donuts will be complimentary to all in person registrants.
Schedule of Events:
Saturday, November 11, 2022 at
Lakewood Vineyard Church
6800 W. Hampden
Lakewood, CO 80227
Big Money Honey Contest!
With $300, $200, & $100 prizes for the best overall entries as well as ribbons in each class, you don’t want to miss this honey contest – there’s even a traveling trophy at stake!
Entries will be accepted during registration the morning of the meeting. Entry Forms, Rules, and Judging criteria can be found online – click here! Must be present to win.
Meeting Agenda (Timing & Activities cubject to change):
- 7:15am – 7:45am – Registration/Honey Contest Entries
- 7:45am – 8:00am – Welcome/Intro – CSBA President Eric Smith
- 8:00am – 9:00am – Opening Presentation/Keynote – Dr. Katie Lee
- 9:00am – 09:20am – Break
- 9:20am – 10:20am – Presentation – Patricia Donahue
- 10:20am – 10:40am – Break
- 10:40am – 11:40am – Presentation – Dr. Katie Lee
- 11:40am – 12:20pm – CSBA Business Meeting/Election
- 12:20pm – 1:15pm – Lunch
- 1:20pm – 2:20pm – Presentation TBD
- 2:20pm – 2:40pm – Big Money Honey Contest Awards; Master Beekeeper awards/recognitions
- 2:40pm – 3:00pm – Break/Transition to Hands on Demonstrations
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – Hands on Demonstrations (TBD)
- 4:30pm – Official Winter Meeting Conclusion
Cost of the Meeting/Presentations will be $35 for CSBA Members with non-Members at $45 (which will include a one-year Independent CSBA Membership).
For those registered by November 1st, lunch (TBD) & donuts for breakfast will be complimentary – please be sure to note any dietary restrictions when you register.
If you book by Oct 18, Courtyard Denver Southwest/Lakewood (7180 W Hampden Ave, Lakewood, CO 80277, RIGHT across the street from the meeting venue!) is offering a group rate of $99/night. Book your room under the group rate for Colorado State Beekeeping Association Winter Meeting here! Or call in your booking and tell them you want the Colorado State Beekeepers Association Block rate at 303-985-9696
Please pre-register by Nov 1st, so we can get a head count for catered lunch on Sat and other activities!