CSBA Winter Meeting
November 11, 2023
- A stellar lineup of speakers, including Dr. Katie Lee & our new Sustainability Program Lead, Patricia Donahue (see Agenda below)!
- Bonus: Catching up with old friends and making new ones!
- Pre-registering online (below) will help us plan for enough food for everyone – lunch and donuts will be complimentary to all in person registrants.
Schedule of Events:
Saturday, November 11, 2022 at
Lakewood Vineyard Church
6800 W. Hampden
Lakewood, CO 80227
Big Money Honey Contest!
With $200, $100, & $50 prizes for the best overall entries as well as ribbons in each class, you don’t want to miss this honey contest – there’s even a traveling trophy at stake!
Entries will be accepted during registration the morning of the meeting. Entry Forms, Rules, and Judging criteria can be found online – click here! Must be present to win.
Meeting Agenda (Timing & Activities cubject to change):
- 7:15am – 7:45am – Registration/Honey Contest Entries
- 7:45am – 8:00am – Welcome/Intro – CSBA President Eric Smith
- 8:00am – 9:00am – Opening Presentation/Keynote – Dr. Katie Lee
Do healthy queens lead to healthy colonies?: Brood patterns and queen health
- 9:00am – 09:20am – Break
- 9:20am – 10:20am – Presentation – Patricia Donahue
“Sustainable Beekeeping” – More than just a catchy phrase
- 10:20am – 10:40am – Break
- 10:40am – 11:40am – Presentation – Dr. Katie Lee
Biology Based Beekeeping
- 11:40am – 12:20pm – CSBA Business Meeting/Election
- 12:20pm – 1:15pm – Lunch
- 1:20pm – 2:20pm – Presentation – KT Thompson
Seasonal Beekeeping in Colorado: A story of many climates!
- 2:20pm – 2:40pm – Big Money Honey Contest Awards; Master Beekeeper awards/recognitions
- 2:40pm – 3:00pm – Break/Transition to Hands on Demonstrations
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – Hands on Demonstrations
Honey Tasting, DIY Solar Wax Melters, Polariscopes (DIY, if you dare!), Kid-Friendly Projects
- 4:30pm – Official Winter Meeting Conclusion
Cost of the Meeting/Presentations will be $35 for CSBA Members with non-Members at $45 (which will include a one-year Independent CSBA Membership).
For those registered by November 1st, lunch (catered by Olive Garden) & donuts for breakfast will be complimentary – please be sure to note any dietary restrictions when you register.
We will continue to take late registrations until the event starts on Saturday morning – but late registrations may not receive a lunch ticket.
If you book by Oct 18, Courtyard Denver Southwest/Lakewood (7180 W Hampden Ave, Lakewood, CO 80277, RIGHT across the street from the meeting venue!) is offering a group rate of $99/night. Book your room under the group rate for Colorado State Beekeeping Association Winter Meeting here! Or call in your booking and tell them you want the Colorado State Beekeepers Association Block rate at 303-985-9696
Please pre-register by Oct 28th, so we can get a head count for catered lunch on Sat and other activities!