Where To Get Bees
This page is constantly being updated as new information becomes available. NOTE that an asterisk (*) after the name/title of the supplier/provider indicates that the data has been updated for 2023. At times, some of the data listed may no longer be valid or the suppliers/vendors/producers may already be “Sold Out”.
CSBA is not responsible for any claims made by the listed entities. Being listed here does not constitute an endorsement by CSBA.
Wondering what a “nuc” or a “package” is?
Nuc (pronounced “newk”) is short for nucleus colony. (It has nothing to do with nuclear power). Think of it as the start or center of a new colony of bees. It usually consists of 5 deep Langstroth frames (roughly 2 of brood, 2 of food and one empty for the queen to lay in right away) a new, mated, laying queen, and bees all in a temporary travel nuc box of plastic, wood, or cardboard. A nuc is a great way to get started in our climate but costs a little more up front.
A package of bees is a wire screen and wood cage usually containing 3 pounds of bees, a new, mated queen in her cage, and a can of sugar syrup for the journey. The bees will need to build their own comb and accept the queen. This makes it a little more difficult to get started, but costs less up front. See your supplier/vendor/producer website for more information.
Packages, Nucs & Queens:
Beekeeping Buyers — Please exercise due diligence when choosing and engaging any supplier/vendor/producer on this list as CSBA is not responsible for the services or actions of the listed entities.
4 Corners Beekeepers Association (4CBA) *
- 2023 Bee packages can now be ordered for delivery/pickup in the 4 Corners area Packages by going to https://4cornersbeekeepers.com/bee-package-order/
Apis Hive & Honey Co *
- Chad & Heidi Ragland – 970-260-2497 – mailto:[email protected]
- Selling through selected retail establishments in 2023.
- Delivery locations TBD.
- Website: https://onlinebeeschool.com/packagebeeoptions/
Beekeepers Den *
- Dan Rau – 303-619-1904 – mailto:[email protected]
- 618 E Bridge St, Brighton, CO 80601
- Packages – $140, NUCS – $190, Queens – $45. Availability beginning 29 April 2023. Pickup in Brighton.
- Perry Welch – 303-810-1321 – mailto:[email protected]
- Monument, CO area
- Nucs. Prices & delivery dates TBA for Castle Rock, Elizabeth & Kiowa, CO.
- website: [email protected]
Brighton Bee Club (BBC) *
- Dan Rau – 303-619-1904 – mailto:[email protected]
- 3 lb. Italian Packages – $135/BBC members, $140 non-members. Estimated delivery at the end of April.
- website: https://brightonbee.club/2023-bee-packages/
Burley’s Bees *
- Don & Wendy Hall – 719-330-1546 – mailto:[email protected]
- 1381 Illinois Ave. Canon City, CO 81212
- Packages. Prices & deliveries TBA.
- website: https://www.burleybeeshoney.com/product-page/3lb-honey-bee-package
- Jack Gilmore – 970-493-2923 – mailto:[email protected]
- 2020 N College Ave, Fort Collins, CO.
- Packages & Nucs. Package pickup – Last weekend in April for packages, Nucs – 2-3 weeks later.
- website: Copocoshoney.com
Country Sunshine Honey *
- John Thompson – 970-466-0552 – mailto:[email protected]
- Wray, CO.
- Russian nucs on medium or deep frames with marked queens available for pickup in May.
Locally raised and overwintered in Northeastern Colorado. Five frame nucs $200, queens $40.
- website: https://sites.google.com/view/country-sunshine-honey
Coy Bee Company
- Steven & Angelia Coy – 601-716-3080 – mailto:[email protected]
- 358 Highway 13, Wiggins, MS 39577
- Certified Russian Queens
- Dru Spinuzzi – 719-250-3441 – mailto:[email protected]
- Pueblo, CO
- Limited number of Nucs & Local Queens.
Eastern Colorado Beekeepers (ECBA) *
- 3 lb. bee packages and nucs. Potential options for group orders of queens.
- For more information, visit http://easterncoloradobees.com/
Fuller Bee Supply *
- Kenny Fuller – 972-536-3881 – mailto:[email protected]
- Limited number of Nucs available for pick-up in Parker, CO at $200 each. Pickup Date/Time to be determined.
- website: https://fullerbees.com/
Hep Farm Honey *
- Matt Hoepfinger – mailto:[email protected]
- 5 frame nucs with Italian or Carniolan queens.
- Pickup Locations & Dates:
Highland Honey *
- Tim Brod – 303-514-9257 – mailto:[email protected]
- Five frame nucs and queens available
- website: https://highlandbees.com/highland-honey-nucs.html
Homestead in the Hood *
- Sarah & Matt McLean – 303-518-7304 – mailto:[email protected]
- 5 frame CO overwintered Nucs – $210.
- Available first week in May – Pickup in Westminster, CO.
- David Izaguirre – 970-324-0092 – mailto:[email protected]
- 2047 26th Av Ct Greeley, CO 80634
- Kristina Williams – mailto:[email protected]
- Longmont, CO.
- Christoph Lenway – 303-944-6000 – mailto:[email protected]
- Packages and Nucs orders from February to Late April. California and Colorado raised bees. Package pickups in April. Nuc pickups in May.
- website: www.Lanoixsbees.com
Mountain Warrior Honey
- Miles McGaghey – 720-771-4304 – mailto:[email protected]
- Longmont, CO.
Nimbus Road Apiaries *
- Dean Chapla – 303-570-8223 – mailto:[email protected]
- 4090 Nimbus Road Longmont, Colorado 80503
- Locally raised queens available starting in mid-May or June dependent on the local weather. Delivery in Longmont.
- website: https://nimbusfarm.weebly.com/
Northern Colorado Beekeepers Association (NCBA)
- Packages from To Bee or Not to Bee for club members
Plan Bee *
- Kathy Lyons – 303-286-7002 – mailto:[email protected]
- 8550 Pearl St, Thornton, CO 80229
- Packages and Nucs.
- website: www.bees-bees-bees.com
Prairie Wind Bee Supply *
- Paul Anderson – 307-631-4969 – mailto:[email protected]
- Packages – Pick-up in Cheyenne, WY. Nucs and Queens – Various sites around Wyoming
- website: http://www.prairiewindbeesupply.com/buy-bees.html
Rocky Mountain Bee Supply *
- Leonard & Dolly Rickman – 719-375-5094 – mailto:[email protected]
- Packages, Nucs and Queens. Pick up in Colorado Springs.
- website: rockymountainbeesupply.com Go to “Live Bees” tab to place order.
Ruth Williams *
- Ruth Williams – 773-562-9987 – mailto:[email protected]
- 20 Nucs available for 2023 in Longmont, CO.
- Custom Nucs (4) and locally raised Laying Queens
To Bee or Not to Bee
- David Baker – 303-728-4422 – mailto:[email protected]
- 8280 West Coal Mine Avenue, Littleton, CO.
- Packages and Nucs. Multiple varieties of bees on various dates.
- website: https://www.tobeeornottobee.us/bees/
Wardle Feed & Pet Supply *
- Shaun Pearman – 303-919-7600 – mailto:[email protected]
- 7610 # Acre Lane, Wheat Ridge, CO 80033
- Packages. Five dollar per package discount for anyone mentioning the ad on the CSBA website.
Zia Queen Bee Company
- Melanie Kirby – 505-901-2102 – mailto:[email protected]
- Queen Bees, Nuc and Packages. Pick-up in Taos, Vadito, Santa Fe & Albuquerque with potential delivery in CO for Group/Large order.
- website: http://www.ziaqueenbees.com/
PLEASE NOTE: CSBA is publishing this information as a benefit to our members and visitors to this site. For your information to be listed, please send your identifying data and pertinent information to: [email protected]. Providing your information is not a guarantee of inclusion on this site. A document outlining criteria for inclusion on this page will soon be available for those wishing to be listed. There currently is no fee for this listing. Inclusion on this page does not constitute an endorsement by CSBA.