Would you like to help the honeybee? Beekeepers would LOVE the public’s support! There are several major simple things that the average person can undertake that would make a difference.
Read some of these fine articles and check out these websites:
1. Educate yourself and your friends and neighbors on the value of honeybees to your food supply and environment.
2. Plant plants that are appreciated by pollinators. Check out our links to Pollinator Friendly plants here.
3. Reduce or eliminate your chemical use in your garden, lawn and home. Practice Integrated Pest Management.
4. Support honeybee research efforts financially. The following organizations are doing wonderful projects to preserve the future of the honeybee. This is not an exclusive list.
Haagen-Dazs Help the Honey Bee
5. BUY LOCAL HONEY! Insist upon it! See the CSBA directory for suppliers in your area.
6. Keep bees yourself. See the rest of this website for groups that support beekeeping in Colorado.