CSBA Winter Meeting
November 12, 2022
- A stellar lineup of speakers Zac Lamas, Amy Franklin & Beth Conrey (see Agenda below)!
- Bonus: Catching up with old friends and making new ones!
- Pre-registering online (below) will help us plan for enough food for everyone – lunch and donuts will be complimentary to all in person registrants.
Schedule of Events:
Saturday, November 12, 2022 at the St. Joseph Catholic Church Meeting Hall, 1145 S. Aspen Rd, Pueblo, CO 81006 (Note that this is a location change from the original listed venue).
Big Money Honey Contest!
With $300, $200, & $100 prizes for the best overall entries as well as ribbons in each class, you don’t want to miss this honey contest – there’s even a traveling trophy at stake!
Entries will be accepted during registration the morning of November 12. Entry Forms, Rules, and Judging criteria can be found online – click here! Must be present to win.
Meeting Agenda (Timing & Activities cubject to change):
- 7:15am – 7:45am – Registration/Honey Contest Entries
- 7:45am – 8:00am – Welcome/Intro – CSBA President Eric Smith
- 8:00am – 9:00am – Opening Presentation/Keynote – Zac Lamas: Varroa mite population dynamics & sampling
- 9:00am – 09:20am – Break
- 9:20am – 10:20am – Presentation – Amy Franklin, DVM – Bee health: why your bees are not like goats or other livestock
- 10:20am – 10:40am – Break
- 10:40am – 11:40am – Presentation – Zac Lamas – Early spring colony management
- 11:40am – 12:20pm – CSBA Business Meeting/Election
- 12:20pm – 1:15pm – Lunch
- 1:20pm – 2:20pm – Presentation – Beth Conrey – Building up beekeeping as a business
- 2:20pm – 2:40pm – Big Money Honey Contest Awards; Master Beekeeper awards/recognitions
- 2:40pm – 3:00pm – Break/Transition to Hands on Demonstrations
- 3:00pm – 4:30pm – Hands on Demonstrations (Wax theme)
- 4:30pm – Official Winter Meeting Conclusion
Cost of the Meeting/Presentations will be $30 for CSBA Members with non-Members at $40 (which will include a one-year Independent CSBA Membership).
For those registered by November 8th to attend in person, lunch (meatballs, pasta, salad, & chicken) & donuts for breakfast will be complimentary – please be sure to note any dietary restrictions when you register.
At this point, we are intending to have a zoom connection option for virtual attendance ($15 for members; $25 for nonmembers)
If you book by Oct 21, Courtyard Pueblo Downtown is offering a group rate of $115/night – you can book it online with this link: Book your group rate for Colorado State Beekeeping Association Winter Meeting
OR – call in your booking via 866-7o6-7815 and tell them why you are in town to be sure to get the group rate!
This event is past & registrations are closed.
Use the drop down box to select the registration you prefer and we’ll handle the rest!