CSBA Summer Bee College
June 10-11, 2022
- A stellar lineup of speakers & hands-on sessions!
- Bonus: Catching up with old friends and making new ones!
- Pre-registering online (below) will help us plan for enough food for everyone.
Schedule of Events:
Friday, June 10, Potluck at Colby Farm, 6765 County Rd. 214, New Castle, CO 81647.
- 5:00 p.m. Potluck with burgers provided by CSBA & Ed Colby, CSBA President Emeritus. BYOB. Meet speaker Juliana Rangel. Free van and tent camping at Colby Farm, but RSVP for camping, please . There is free motorhome camping available along the roadside on the property adjoining Colby Farm to the East. But please no motorhomes at Colby Farm.
RSVP REQUIRED for putluck and/or camping: please fill out the provided survey (click here).
Saturday, June 11, Garfield County Public Library District, 207 East Avenue, Rifle, CO 81650 from 7:45am – 1pm MT, then to the Limbach/Maness Apiary for Hands-on Sessions!
Meeting Agenda (Subject to change):
- 7:15am – 7:45am – Registration – Secretary, Treasurer & Volunteers
- 7:45am – 8:00am – Welcome/Intro – CSBA President Eric Smith
- 8:00am – 9:00am – Opening Presentation/Keynote – Juliana Rangel
- 9:00am – 09:15am – Break
- 9:15am – 10:15am – Panel Discussion
- 10:15am – 10:30am – Break
- 10:30am – 11:10am – CSBA Business Meeting – CSBA President Eric Smith
- 11:10am – 12:00pm – Lunch
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm – Closing Presentation – Juliana Rangel
- 1:00pm – 1:30pm – Networking & Socialization / Meeting Room Clean-up & Breakdown
- 1:30pm – 1:50pm – Travel time to Hands-on Activities
- 1:50pm – 2:35pm – Hands-on Round 1
- 2:35pm – 2:50pm – Rotate to next Activity
- 2:50pm – 3:35pm – Hands-on Round 2
- 3:35pm – 3:50pm – Rotate to next Activity
- 3:50pm – 4:35pm – Hands-on Round 3
- 4:35pm – Official Summer Meeting Conclusion
Cost of the Meeting/Presentations and Hands-on in the field Instruction will be $15 for CSBA Members with non-Members at $25 (which will include a one-year Independent CSBA Membership).
For those attending in person, the optional lunch will be sandwiches & chips catered by a local deli for $15.
Due to continuing COVID concerns including the potential for non-vaccinated attendees, COVID variants and potential increases in COVID positivity rates, the Meeting/Presentations from the Rifle Branch Library will be available virtually via Zoom. Fees for Zoom attendance will be the same as the in-person registration as the speaking/travel fees for our presenters along with the venue and Zoom fees will need to be offset by all registrations.
For those traveling to Rifle and needing overnight hotel accommodations, CSBA has arranged to provide special discounted rates for Summer Meeting attendees with the Candlewood Suites at 233 Grand Valley Way, Parachute, CO 81635. Discounted rates of $109.00 plus taxes per night for a Single Queen and $119.00 plus taxes per night for a King can be reserved by calling directly to the hotel at 970-285-9880. Please indicate you are with the Colorado State Beekeeping Association (CSBA) Group. The Host Hotel is about 15 minutes west of Rifle, CO.
OR stay in Rifle at the La Quinta Inn with some of the Master Beekeeper people!
Please pre-register by June 6th, so we can get a head count for catered lunch on Sat and other activities!
**The lunch-count is now closed – if it looks like we will have available lunch tickets on Saturady morning, we will sell them for $15 at the door – first-come, first-served.**
Use the drop down box to select the registration you prefer and we’ll handle the rest!
Registration is now closed for this event.