Join via Zoom at 8 am MDT for some virtual “networking” with Welcome Remarks at 8:45 am and the program kicking off at 9 am. We have a full schedule of events and activities running until about 4:45 in the afternoon with some scheduled breaks and a lunch period where we will have break-out rooms available for folks to virtually socialize.
We have several Nationally Recognized Speakers on the Agenda including (in order of planned appearance):
- Liz Huxter, the Canadian Queen Breeder of Kettle Valley Queens, on her successful methods of making and overwintering nucs for sale in the early spring.
Our own Tina Sebestyen, now writing for both National and International bee publications, with an update on the CSBA Master Beekeeping Program followed later by her video on splitting a huge hive just in time to prevent a swarm.
- Jay Evans, former Director of the USDA Laboratory in Beltsville Maryland, now engaged in research to uncover answers we can all use on some of beekeeping’s persistent problems.
- Dorothy Morgan, President and Founder of the Kentucky Queen Breeders Association, who has worked closely with the Purdue Mite Biter Breeding Program who will show us how to select for this trait and how to distribute the good genetics locally using 48-hour queen cells.
We will conclude with a Beekeeping Panel Discussion and a brief Business Meeting that will include Committee Reports and a Special Election as our Secretary, Rebecca Sunderlin, is moving out of state and is resigning.
CSBA Members only pay a $5 registration fee – remember your CSBA membership is collected by the Local/Regional CSBA Affiliated Association/Bee Club that you are already a member of while those not affiliated with an Association/Club pay an Independent membership fee.
Non-CSBA Members will pay a $15 registration fee and will receive a one-year Individual (Independent) CSBA membership.
Planned CSBA 2021 Virtual Summer Meeting Agenda
- 8:00 am-Sign-in/Virtual Networking
- 8:45 am-Welcome from the President
- 9:00 am-Liz Huxter – Making Nucs and Overwintering Them
- 10:00 am-Tina Sebestyen – State of the Master Beekeeping Program & Awards
- 10:20 am-Introduction – Jay Evans
- 10:30 am-Jay Evans – USDA Beltsville Lab
- 11:30 am-LUNCH
- 12:15 pm-Raffle
- 12:30 pm-Video Presentation – Tina Sebestyen – “Making a Nuc”
- 1:00 pm-Jay Evans – USDA Beltsville Lab
- 2:00 pm-Dorothy Morgan – Queen Rearing, Sharing/Selling Local Nucs & Queens
- 3:00 pm-BREAK
- 3:15 pm-Beekeeper Panel: Dean Chapla, Tina Sebestyen & several of our Speakers
- 4:10 pm-CSBA Business Meeting – Call to Order
- Secretary Report/Approval of Published Minutes – Rebecca Sunderlin
- Treasurer Report/Approval of Published Budgets – Bob Boggio
- Outreach – Ray Story
- Communications – Patty Imber
- Sustainability – Seth Charbonneau
- Swarm Hotline – Joe Komperda
- State Pesticide Representative – Kristina Williams
- Consideration for the Support of the State Fair – Eric Smith
- Old Business – Eric Smith
- New Business – Eric Smith
- Special Election for Secretary to fill a vacated position – Election run by Eric Smith – to Nominate someone (or self nominate prior to meeting) send an email to President@ColoradoBeekeepers.org – Nominations also accepted during the meeting. Depending on the election outcome, a Special Election may also have to be held for an Advisor position.
- 4:35 pm-Raffle
- 4:45 pm-Adjourn