There are lots of things that non-beekeepers can do to support honeybees in particular, and pollinators in general.
You can Plant for Bees.
You can Quit Using Pesticides!
Would you like to help the honeybee? Beekeepers would LOVE the public’s support! There are several major simple things that the average person can undertake that would make a difference.
Read some of these fine articles and check out these websites:
What can a Lay Person do to help the honeybee?
The Honeybee Conservancy
10 things you can do to help bees
1. Educate yourself and your friends and neighbors on the value of honeybees to your food supply and environment.
2. Plant plants that are appreciated by pollinators. Check out our links to Pollinator Friendly plants here.
3. Reduce or eliminate your chemical use in your garden, lawn and home. Practice Integrated Pest Management.
4. Support honeybee research efforts financially. The following organizations are doing wonderful projects to preserve the future of the honeybee. This is not an exclusive list.
Haagen-Dazs Help the Honey Bee
Project Apis m.
American Bee Federation
5. Keep bees yourself. See the rest of this website for groups that support beekeeping in Colorado.
New products approved by FDA for American Foulbrood Control
EPA Approves Apivar
Please refer all questions regarding information on Beekeeping Classes and/or Locally Related Honey Bee issues to the local beekeeping club nearest to you.
For questions or information email us.
President Ed Colby 970-984-0419
Vice-President Tina Sebestyen 970-884-8190
Secretary Rebecca Sunderlin 719-352-8311
Treasurer Bob Boggio 970-667-4472
2016 © CSBA. All Rights Reserved.