Jo Haugland and Liz Wickard, Founder and Former Presidents of The High Land Beekeeping Club are the Instructors.
A class outline is attached. There are planned times for breaks, lunch, and questions. The instruction will include lecture, demonstration, visual aids, and power point presentations and will cover everything needed to start beekeeping this year – or next.
• There are no tuition discounts for students, seniors, or families at this time.
• No one under the age of 18 is permitted.
• Tuition for class is $100.00 per person
• Tuition is due no later than February 1st, 2013. Early payment for class is encouraged to ensure a spot in the session. There will be a limit placed on the number of students and attendance will be on a first come, first paid, basis.
Checks should be made out to Jo Haugland and mailed to: 6547 Willow Broom Trail, Littleton, CO 80125.
• Refunds requested after February 10th will have $25.00 deducted for processing.
• Class will include a flash drive for your computer loaded with beekeeping information.
• You should bring a sack lunch, water or drinks, a pillow to sit on (the chairs get really hard after 9 hours), a jacket or layer your clothing to accommodate potential fluctuations in room temperature, pen, paper, and any other items you will need including medicines and snacks to make your FULL DAY of class comfortable.
Directions to the Lockheed Martin Club House
From Wadsworth and C-470, head south on Wadsworth. Go past the Denver Botanic Gardens
at Chatfield and the Trail Mark Subdivision.
On the right hand side (west side) of the road there will be a sign for Colorado Golf and Turf.
This is a golf cart rental/sales place. Turn in as though you were going into that business. Once
you’ve made the turn, you will see a road on the right called Skyward (lane, drive, st, or
ave???). It’s the only road — so just look for Skyward.
Follow Skyward as it weaves around, heads north past the antenna test lab and then heads
west. You will see a football field and picnic area and several small buildings. The club house is
a one level gray colored structure with M-41 ( or maybe 81??) on a small plaque on the outside
of the building. That is the club house.
You’ll see vehicles there so just come on up.